Friday, September 14, 2012

Music To My Ears


So True! Just think of all the sounds you here everyday living in a city and then think to yourself of what it would be like to sit in a mountain grove surrounded by evergreen trees, quaking aspens, deer, birds, wild flowers, and a babbling mountain stream nearby. Now that to me is like music to my ears!!

Since I am not fortunate enough to live close to any mountains (they are 12 hours away) instead I am near the downtown area of the city that I live in and I have to find other forms of music around me. For example, my husband & I try to escape at least once a month to a quite park outside city limits to enjoy the quite of nature. We try to do it more often that than, but sometimes our busy schedules don't allow for it or we just want to relax at home. But still, even in a busy city you can find music in the nature around you. Like the crickets on a cool summers evening, a thunderstorm in spring, the quite beauty of snowfall, and the dancing colorful leaves in the fall.

Tell me what other ways do we find music in the earth around us?

No comments:

Post a Comment